91 years ago, in 1931, a group of local golfers got together and formed Mascoutin Country Club. The original golf course was 9 Holes located west of Berlin on County Road E with the Clubhouse being the farmhouse located on the property. In the 1950’s the club did some fundraising and a clubhouse with a bar and locker rooms was built.
In the early 70’s the club began to discuss expanding to 18 holes. Dr. LJ and Gladys Seward donated farmland they owned south of Berlin on County Road A for the project. Designed by Larry Packard, the Red and White 9’s were opened for play in 1976.